Prosecutors – NBC 7 San Diego
A North Park man faces federal kidnapping charges for allegedly kidnapping and repeatedly sexually assaulting a 16-year-old Oklahoma girl, the U.S. Attorney’s Office announced Friday.
Ramsey Manuel Cervantes, 22, is accused of abducting the victim at knifepoint from his home last week, restraining him with duct tape and driving him across the borders of the state to his San Diego home.
A former Encinitas dance teacher accused of assaulting students is facing multiple felony charges. And, the baby returns to the United States after his mother was killed in Mexico. Additionally, a pregnant sea lion found on a golf course is returned to the ocean. Here’s what’s happening in San Diego County for June 24, 2022.
Prosecutors allege he kept her locked in her bedroom for four days before she could use Cervantes’ cellphone on Wednesday to call her father and the police.
The U.S. Attorney’s Office said the pair met on social media, with the girl believing Cervantes was 17.
Cervantes traveled to Oklahoma several times over the next six months to meet in person, but prosecutors allege he engaged in an abusive streak with the girl, which led to a period of two months of little or no contact.
However, the couple “reconnected” about a week ago and Cervantes traveled to Oklahoma on June 15.
When the girl got into his vehicle and was told he was taking her back to San Diego, prosecutors claimed she tried to get out, but Cervantes allegedly handed her a knife and threatened to kill her if she tried to. leave.
On the way to San Diego, Cervantes allegedly sexually assaulted the girl on several occasions and forced her to drink vodka throughout the trip to keep her “in a constant state of high intoxication”.
According to an FBI agent’s statement filed in court, Cervantes kept her in her room and only allowed her out when her roommate wasn’t home. Otherwise, he would have kept his mouth taped shut and had the music turned up loud in his room to disguise the girl’s presence, the statement said.
When he left the house on June 22, police and prosecutors say he accidentally left his mobile phone there, allowing the girl to call for help. Officers responded and found the girl inside the residence and arrested Cervantes at another location, the statement said.
“We are grateful that this case has had a positive conclusion with the return of the young victim to her loved ones,” San Diego Police Chief David Nisleit said. “It’s a sad reminder for all of us to be careful who you trust online.”